The other day we realized how much honey we had (nearly a gallon in various containers in our hutch and pantry) so I’ve been searching the internet for recipes to help us cut down on our stock. Watch for a few more honey-using recipes in the coming weeks.
First up, Honey-Peanutbutter cookies, from somewhere on the internet. These no-sugar cookies got a “yum!” from the boys. They are really easy to make and we almost always have the ingredients on hand.
- 1 C peanut butter (we used creamy)
- 1 C honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 C flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream peanut butter and honey together in large bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Sift together soda, flour and salt, and stir into peanut butter mixture until just combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto oiled cookie sheets. mash each cookie slightly with the back of a fork, wetting the fork frequently to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they turn golden brown on the rims.
Makes 2-3 doz.
You can make either of these doughs into refrigerator cookies– form dough into a cylinder, wrap and refrigerate, slicing off what you need to make smaller batches.