Things have been rather quiet around here recently, the boys and I have been recovering from the most recent round of preschool plague (exhaustion, cough, sniffles), and other than more laundry being created, not much has been happening.
Today brought a lull in our activities, we’d played outside, had lunch, and didn’t really feel inspired to start picking up the pile of stuffed animals in the playroom, so I took to the internet to find a recipe that might help deplete the bag of frozen bananas in our freezer. Banana cookies have been popular with the boys in the past, and a quick google search turned up Nutella Banana Cookies.
Nutella + Banana in a cookie? What’s not to like!
The recipe is a great starting place for oatmeal-banana based cookies and I will likely make them again adding my own twist. They’re easy to make and so far they’ve been very popular with the boys. I’ve included the recipe below as I made it.Nutella Banana Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add shortening, mix until crumbly
- Beat in mashed ripe bananas and egg.
- Mix in oats.
- Take a knife and “slice” nutella into batter with a knife.
- Spoon drops onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes.