transitions on our nature table, from summer into fall

This post contains affiliate links, thank you for your support of Avid Inkling The seasons are changing on our Waldorf-inspired nature table. The Carrot people are moving to the right/southern corner of the shelf, eventually they will be moved off entirely as fall, and then winter scenes sweep across from the north. The Carrot people… More transitions on our nature table, from summer into fall

the fine print

This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support of Avid Inkling! Some of you may have noticed a little blurb in the right column of widgets that popped up recently stating: is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites… More the fine print

O @ 6 years/7 months, P @ 4 years/4 month (give or take a day or two)

This was taken at the Olympic Museum at Squaw Valley, added bonus, it includes Gavin. We spent several days at Incline Village, Lake Tahoe, and Squaw Valley was one of our day-trips. The boys had quite a bit of fun posing on the podium, deciding who would be first (the worst), second (the best), and… More O @ 6 years/7 months, P @ 4 years/4 month (give or take a day or two)

Herb’s Wreath

I appreciate a good wreath, I enjoy making them, and I’ve made several over the years. I think my first was festive autumnal colors, followed by a delightful spring/summer medly. Then there was the Christmas Present wreath, and one made with coffee filter flowers. Recently, our CSA box provider has been offering locally sourced herbal… More Herb’s Wreath

local blackberry jam

A few days ago the boys and I picked five 32 oz. tubs of blackberries. The berries were washed and refrigerated promptly, so they stayed plump and juicy, but realistically it was unlikely we’d manage to eat four more tubs of them before. We’d already made blackberry kolaches, and eaten quite a few already! I… More local blackberry jam

savory kolaches

There has been a fair bit of build up to this. First, I had a wave of inspiration and I made blackberry kolaches, then I made American Cheese, today I finally got things together and made savory kolaches. I changed things up a little, I quartered my polish sausages, and used American cheese instead of… More savory kolaches